This brunch burrito is packed with delicious breakfast & lunch ingredients that will keep you going all day.
4 soft flour tortillas
1 ripe avocado
1 small tin of black beans
1 small onion, diced
125 ml passata
50 g mature cheddar, grated
2 tomatoes sliced
1/2 tsp chilli powder or harissa paste
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp dried oregano
Pinch of chilli flakes
Juice of 1/2 lime
Salt and pepper
- Sweat the onion in a little oil until softened, add the chilli or harissa and paprika and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the passata, drained black beans and oregano and cook on a gentle heat for 10 minutes.
- Mash the avocado roughly with the lime juice and chilli flakes, season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan and add a little oil, before pouring the egg mix into the pan and gently pull in from the sides until it starts to set. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Layer each tortilla with the beans, egg, avocado, cheese and tomato.
- Roll up your burrito, cut it in half and serve.
If you have time, try out our recipe for making your own flour tortillas at home – they’re simple and easy to make.