Book a training course
The Donkey Sanctuary offers informative and hands-on training courses for those who want to learn more about donkeys.
How much does it cost?
Course are free of charge; we do however gratefully accept donations that help support our work. You can leave a donation with your trainer on the day of the course or alternatively make a donation by other methods.
In compliance with our health and safety regulations and for the consideration of other course attendees, our donkey care and behaviour training courses are not suitable for children under the age of 16. Attendees aged 16 must always be accompanied by a responsible adult.
If your situation requires training to include younger members of your family who will be involved in the care of your donkeys please contact the training team on 01395 573161 to discuss your individual needs.
How to book
To book a training course, simply follow these five steps:
- Step 1 - Select date and venue.
- Step 2 - Complete course booking form - you will receive course information email within 5 working days from tomorrow.
- Step 3 - Reply to our information email - your place will not be confirmed until you respond to that email.
- Step 4 - Read the attachments included with your information email, they contain important details about your safety, course location and directions.
- Step 5 - If you don’t receive our information email, please check your Junk and Spam folders before contacting our Training Coordinators on 01395 573161.
Once you have responded to our information email your place on your selected course will be confirmed.
It is very important that you inform us if anybody in your party has particular learning or physical needs in order that we can make the necessary adjustments to enable them to enjoy their training day.