Could you provide a loving home for two or more donkeys?
The Donkey Sanctuary runs a rehoming scheme, where fit, healthy and suitable donkeys are rehomed to Donkey Guardians in private homes throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe.
Attend one of our information days at The Donkey Sanctuary Belfast to learn all about the rehoming scheme and what is involved in caring for donkeys.
Our expert team will be on hand to answer questions and give advice to help you decide if becoming a Donkey Guardian is right for you.
The day includes:
- A meet and greet with the team at the sanctuary in Templepatrick
- The chance to hear all about The Donkey Sanctuary and its work
- An explanation of the rehoming scheme and what it takes to be a Donkey Guardian
- The chance to find out about the application process
- Plenty of time to meet the resident herd and learn about their needs
- An expert team on hand to answer questions throughout the day
- Light refreshments.
There are a few things that you need to consider before rehoming a pair of donkeys. Can you:
- Provide approximately one acre of safe land for a pair of donkeys
- Provide an area of hard standing to help protect your donkeys’ feet
- Provide access to shelter or a stable to protect your donkeys from the elements
- Give the time and commitment to allow your donkeys to become a big part of your life
- Afford the average cost of keeping a pair of donkeys, which is around £2,000 per year. This covers feed, bedding, dental, farriery and other veterinary expenses and insurance?
For further information on our rehoming scheme, please read our Rehoming scheme terms and conditions.
Interested in attending?
To secure your booking and find out more information about this event, please contact The Donkey Sanctuary Belfast on: 02893324647 or get in touch via email
Can't make this date?
The Donkey Sanctuary Belfast is hosting another Rehoming Scheme Information Day on: