The Swiss Institute of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Bern formed in 2012 as a partnership between The Research Institute Agroscope and the Vetsuisse Faculty of the University of Bern. With this step, the already existing collaboration was intensified and further expanded.
The Insitute carries out equid-related research in collaboration with leading national and international partners in:
- Hereditary backgrounds, prevention and therapy of respiratory, muscular, dental and skin diseases
- Reproduction methods, fertility and well-being of breeding animals
- Prevention and fighting of infectious diseases
- Equine sports medicine, performance physiology and rehabilitation
- Animal welfare and well-being
The results gained from these research projects can be applied in practice.