Help us protect donkeys and mules around the world
This webcam looks over our herd of gentle giants - the Poitou donkeys. Some of our herd stand over 16hh. If you are visiting the Sanctuary, it is worth going on the short walk to see them to appreciate their true size and lovable nature.
However, you may spot one donkey that is a lot smaller than the rest. His name is Barney and has attitude! He is very much at home with the Poitou donkeys and his place in the herd is quite high up.
During the summer months this webcam looks across the large paddock and for the winter months you can watch the Poitous down on their yard.
- The Donkey Sanctuary is an international animal welfare charity and aims to protect donkeys and mules and promote their welfare worldwide.
- 29 project countries including the United Kingdom, Cyprus, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Ireland, Italy, Kenya, Mexico and Spain.
- 15,500 donkeys and mules provided with a sanctuary for life over the last 40 years.
- 5,072 donkeys and mules currently in care at Sanctuaries and foster homes in the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe.
- 28 overseas mobile teams and 4 overseas clinics working to alleviate the suffering of sick or injured donkeys.
- Hundreds of thousands of treatments given to hard working donkeys overseas every year.
- Centre of excellence on the care and welfare of donkeys and mules.