Help us protect donkeys and mules around the world
In 2013 we rescued 493 donkeys and mules
This webcam is at the heart of the Sanctuary in Devon.
Some of the donkeys in this barn are over 40 years of age and need lots of extra attention. On cold days you can often see them rugged up and standing under the infra red heat lamps for extra warmth. During the summer months they graze in the fields around the barn. However, they are free to wander back into the barn to feed or just to meet some of our visitors!
- The Donkey Sanctuary is an international animal welfare charity and aims to protect donkeys and mules and promote their welfare worldwide.
- 29 project countries including the United Kingdom, Cyprus, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Ireland, Italy, Kenya, Mexico and Spain.
- 14,500 donkeys and mules provided with a sanctuary for life over the last 40 years.
- 5,072 donkeys and mules currently in care at Sanctuaries and foster homes in the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe.
- 28 overseas mobile teams and 4 overseas clinics working to alleviate the suffering of sick or injured donkeys.
- 400,000 overseas treatments given to working donkeys each year.
- Centre of excellence on the care and welfare of donkeys and mules.