Donkey assisted therapy
We offer donkey assisted therapy to hundreds of local school children with additional needs. If you know someone who would benefit, then call the team on 0161 301 4051.
Come and meet our wonderful team of donkeys - they love to meet new people and you can discover their unique characters and stories.
- Admission free (donations welcome)
- Family fun
To make sure you can see the donkeys just call our team on 0161 301 4051.
We ask that you do not feed the donkeys as it encourages them to expect food from everyone and fingers can look deceptively like carrots to a donkey! Kindly pass any treats to staff who will ensure they are distributed to the donkeys at feeding time.
No smoking policy
Smoking is not allowed in any areas of high fire risk. Please take notice of all "No Smoking" signs around The Donkey Sanctuary.
Volunteer - get involved
Would you like to learn new skills and get involved in every aspect of our very special donkey assisted therapy centres? If so, find out how you can help out at a donkey assisted therapy centre.
- Gift shop
- Picnic area
- Car park
- Group visits (prior booking)
- Birthday parties (prior booking)
- Disabled toilet and hand washing facilities
- Changing room with hoist, toilet and hand washing facility
- Ramp leading to viewing and seating area
- Wheelchair access in main areas, including picnic area
- Wheelchair available for visitor use
Donkey Assisted Therapy Centre
+44 (0) 161 301 4051
Open 7 days a week, 10am to 3pm
Closed: Christmas Day