Here at The Donkey Sanctuary we have been getting snap-happy to celebrate World Animal Day, and now we would like you to get involved.
Sunday, October 4, marks the global event which aims to raise the status of animals in order to improve welfare standards around the world.
The Donkey Sanctuary is continuously working worldwide to strive towards our own vision of creating a world where donkeys and mules live free form suffering, and their contribution to humanity is fully valued.
We are delighted to be joining the Global Wave of selfies in a bid to boost the awareness of World Animal Day, and our staff and volunteers around the world have not disappointed.
Next Sunday we will be using the hashtag #worldanimalday to spread our selfies and we would love our amazing supporters to get involved too.
Print off the poster from the link below, get snapping and post your selfies on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag.
World Animal Day organisers have a few suggestions:
- Take a group selfie with friends and family.
- Your photo doesn’t have to include an animal, but you could include the family pet if they cooperate.
- Strike a pose somewhere really unusual. Are you going on holiday? Do you live somewhere exotic? Include it in your photo.
- If you are also organising an activity or event for World Animal Day, advertise it in your photo. For example, if you will be busking for an animal welfare charity on October 4, take a selfie with your guitar. Or if you’re holding a car wash, take a photo with your bucket and sponge.
- Even if you’re camera-shy, you can still take part... just take a selfie in disguise or dress up in a costume. Or you could use face paint.
We have had pictures flooding in all week from our dedicated donkey teams across our UK centres, as well as from Ethiopia, Mexico, Kenya and India.
Now it is over to you, let’s make sure animals have their day.