A healthy but hearty winter-warmer, packed full of wholesome ingredients. Serve with warm crusty bread for a nourishing lunch or satisfying supper.
1 tbsp oil
1 onion, diced
1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
200 g carrot, diced
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp cumin
100 g red lentils
700 ml vegetable stock
1 can coconut milk
Dairy free yoghurt
- Heat your oil in a pan, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes to soften.
- Add the squash and carrots, cook for 2 minutes before stirring in the spices and cooking for a further couple of minutes.
- Add the lentils, vegetable stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until everything is soft.
- Blend until the soup is as smooth as you like.
- Season and top with a swirl of dairy free yoghurt, roughly chopped coriander and toasted pumpkin seeds.