This easy bake is light, moist and flavoursome, making it the perfect sweet treat for a picnic or served as a delicious dessert.
175 g shelled pistachios
250 g caster sugar
200 g butter
280 g plain flour
1.25 tsp baking powder
1.25 tsp bicarbonate of soda
140 g full fat Greek yoghurt
3 lemons, zest and juice
140 g grated courgette
175 g icing sugar
2 tsp lemon curd
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4. Grease a 20 x 30cm cake tin and line the base with baking parchment.
- Put 150g of pistachios and the sugar into a food processor and blitz until the nuts are finely ground.
- Tip the pistachio sugar into a bowl with the butter, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, eggs, yogurt and the zest and juice from two of the lemons. Beat with an electric whisk until combined.
- Stir in the courgette and then tip the mixture into the baking tin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until cooked and then leave to cool.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and gradually stir in enough lemon juice to get a loose consistency.
- Spread lemon curd over the cooled cake and drizzle the icing over.
- Roughly chop the remaining pistachios and scatter them over the top. Cut the cake into 15 squares and enjoy.
The cake will keep in an airtight container for 3 days - if it lasts that long!
* Contains nuts.