A simple yet satisfying treat, these flapjacks are great for lunchboxes, taking with you on your daily walk or as an afternoon snack.
100 g unsalted butter/vegan spread
100 g brown sugar
200 g oats
75 g mixed seeds, nuts or dried fruit, or a combination of all 3
4 tbsp golden syrup
I tsp ginger
Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C/180C fan/gas mark 5.
- Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup together in a saucepan over a low heat until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the oats, seeds/nuts/dried fruit, ginger and salt.
- Stir well and press into a greased or lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool before cutting into squares.
You can vary what seeds, nuts and fruits you use, just keep the quantities roughly the same. You can also omit them if you want to make plain flapjacks, but you should bake them in a smaller tin as they will be too thin without these additional ingredients.
Makes 10 – 12 flapjacks.
* Contains nuts.