Eseltjiesrus Donkey Sanctuary provides a permanent refuge for abused, neglected and elderly donkeys. At our farm close to McGregor in the Western Cape the donkeys are given the opportunity to live out their lives with respect and dignity, surrounded by their own kind, in a protective and natural environment.
Eseltjiesrus seeks to appoint an Administrative and Financial Assistant based at or near McGregor in the Western Cape.
The aim of the post is to provide professional and efficient administrative and financial support to assist with the operations of Eseltjiesrus Donkey Sanctuary. The ideal candidate will be a dedicated animal lover possessing excellent communication, administrative and IT skills.
Duties include -
• Maintain database for adopters, bequests, donors and newsletter mailing list
• Design a quarterly newsletter using copy provided
• Send out by post a range of communications to adopters, donors and friends
• Attend to returns (bounces) from email and postal send outs
• Maintain membership records
• Keep records of staff leave, sick leave and unpaid leave
• Managing the administration of the donkey adoption process
• Payment of monthly and annual creditors accounts
• Assist with the handling of petty cash
• Completion of monthly accounts on Pastel
• Produce monthly reports on e.g. cash flow & income and expenditure
• Preparation of financial reports for various Sanctuary committee meetings
• Preparation of accounts for annual audit
• Issue tax certificates to all adopters and donors
This is a 120 hours per month position.
Start date: 1 February 2016 or as soon as possible thereafter.
To apply submit a CV with -
1. three contactable references,
2. your salary expectation,
3. possible start date and
4. a short letter of motivation
Send application to: email@example.com
Closing date Monday 18 January 2016