The Donkey Sanctuary is licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005.
Raffles provide an important source of income for The Donkey Sanctuary and we strive to ensure that we only involve those supporters who wish to participate in the buying or selling of raffle tickets.
If you would prefer that we cease to send you raffles tickets, do please let us know.
No ticket may be sold to or by anyone under16 years of age. We do our best to avoid sending tickets to supporters under 16, however there may be occasions when we do not have age or date of birth information on a young supporter and so they may receive tickets in error. If this happens, please return the unsold tickets to us and we will take immediate steps to prevent a recurrence.
If you, or someone you know, need information about how to gamble safely or help with problem gambling please call GamCare on 0845 6000 133.
We make a contribution to problem gambling research via our membership of the Lotteries Council.
Our policy on the protection of children and the vulnerable:
- Where possible we check our database to ensure persons are above the legal age limit before data is supplied for a raffle mailing.
- The minimum age for play is detailed on the back of all tickets.
- Any player who provides dishonest information regarding their age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
- Any player that is found to be under16 years of age will have any monies paid in relation to the raffle returned to them.
- In the event that a request to cease mailing raffle packs is received from a vulnerable person’s carer, we would update their details our mailing database immediately to prevent a recurrence.
If you have a complaint concerning our raffle activities, please follow our Complaints Procedure on our Fundraising promise page.