The Donkey Sanctuary will be celebrating its 32nd Donkey Week from 7th-12th May 2014 with events and activities at several locations which are not usually open to the public.
Members of the public are welcome to join the charity’s celebrations and enjoy exclusive access to its farms in Devon where thousands of donkeys and mules live, many of which have been rescued or were unwanted pets.
Activities on offer during Donkey Week include guest speakers, a barn dance, bingo, wildlife walks, demonstrations and plenty of opportunities to meet and groom the donkeys.
Donkey Week 2014 locations:
- Wednesday 7th May – The Donkey Sanctuary, Sidmouth
- Thursday 8th May – The Donkey Sanctuary, Woods Farm, Sidmouth
- Friday 9th May – The Donkey Sanctuary, Ivybridge
- Saturday 10th May – Paccombe Farm, nr Harcombe
- Sunday 11th May – Town Barton Farm, Tedburn St Mary
For directions or information on the itinerary for each day call 01395 578222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The week is also run by the charity to help draw attention to the 50 million donkeys and mules in the world, many of whom as struggling due to overwork, neglect and abandonment, abuse or inhumane conditions.