This weekend sees a host of special Christmas events at The Donkey Sanctuary’s donkey assisted therapy centres around the country. These are some of our biggest fundraising events of the year, as well as a whole load of fun, so please come along and support us!
The centres, which provide therapeutic riding sessions to hundreds of children with additional needs every week, are celebrating with a range of donkey-themed Christmas fairs packed with all things festive.
Children can enjoy a magical sleigh ride to visit Santa in his grotto and receive a special gift, while grown-ups can shop from indoor and outdoor Christmas craft stalls and mini outdoor street markets.
Visitors of all ages will have the opportunity to meet the Sanctuary’s popular adoption donkeys or to adopt one as a present, whilst also enjoying the festive atmosphere complete with live music, carols, yuletide refreshments, games, raffles and tombolas.
With so much on offer there is something for everyone at our Christmas fairs around the country. Admission and parking are free and sleigh rides to Santa’s Grotto cost between £3 and £6 so there is no excuse not to come along and eat, drink and be merry.
Events are as follows:
- Ivybridge Carol Service and Nativity: Wednesday 4th December 2013, 6.30pm to 8.30pm
- Ivybridge Christmas Fair: Saturday 7th December 2013, 10am to 3pm
- Leeds Winter Wonderland: Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th December 2013, 10am to 2.30pm
- Belfast, Templepatrick Christmas Fair: Saturday 7th December 2013, 10am to 3pm
- Birmingham, Sutton Park Christmas Fair: Saturday 7th December 2013, 10.30am to 3pm