This course will be an introduction to donkey health care and will teach you how to manage your donkey to avoid the most common problems and illnesses.
This course follows on from the Donkey Care Induction Day (Stage 1) and teaches you how to manage your donkey to avoid the most common problems and illnesses.
The course will include:
- How to recognise if your donkey is feeling unwell
- How to take your donkey’s temperature, respiration and pulse to monitor health
- When to call the vet
- How to treat minor wounds
- Foot care
- Condition scoring
- Maintaining correct weight
- Ageing by the examination of your donkey's teeth
The day consists of theory and practical sessions, and offers an invaluable opportunity to learn about donkeys and their care.
You course requires you to have attended our Donkey Care Induction Day (Stage 1) training course.