This one-day training course combines the latest knowledge about caring for donkeys with practical hands on experience.
To provide potential Guardian homes, existing owners, private homes and anybody with a general interest in donkey care an overview into the origins and care of the donkey.
This course will equip the participant with knowledge and skills that are required to undertake the basic care requirements of donkey ownership. We include practical skills such as, mucking out a stable, catching a donkey, grooming a donkey; including foot handling and picking out of a donkey's feet.
- Explain the origins of the donkey
- List the differences between horses and donkeys
- Demonstrate how to correctly prepare a stable
- Describe safe working practices when around donkeys
- Practice catching, grooming and foot care of a donkey
- Identify signs of ill-health of a donkey.
This course is a minimum requirement for anyone wishing to rehome donkeys from The Donkey Sanctuary.
If you wish to book on a training course, please use our online booking form.