Pitch up down among the donkeys and enjoy a truly unique overnight experience at The Donkey Sanctuary in Sidmouth, Devon.
Bring your tent or camper van and get ready for the ultimate overnight experience with The Donkey Sanctuary's friendly residents.
Make friends with some of our donkeys, tuck into supper around the campfire, go wild on our dusk nature walk and enjoy a hearty breakfast in the morning – after mucking out the donkeys and giving them their breakfast of course!
The most immersive of all our experiences, Bray and Stay allows you exclusive overnight behind-the-scenes access to the donkeys with no disruptions or distractions and you will assist staff with real-life care for some of the donkeys here at the sanctuary.
- Pitch your tent and make yourself at home! Feel free to explore our wonderful site and meet some of our friendly resident donkeys.
- A big hello and welcome from our staff before some hands on time with the donkeys at Slade House Farm
- Time to tuck into supper round the campfire (weather permitting!)
- As the sanctuary empties of visitors and the sun starts to set, head out for a dusk nature walk around the site with our resident conservation team. Using bat detection equipment, listen out for these special little creatures while looking out for other sanctuary wildlife, forage for edible goodies and stop off to see our donkey friends along the way.
- Socialise with the Events Team by the campfire and ask any questions about the charity’s worldwide work, before heading to bed – it’s an early start in the morning…
- Wake up call with tea, coffee, juice and light refreshments
- Have a go at feeding the donkeys and mucking them out with the grooms on their morning routine.
- Enjoy a well-earned breakfast at The Kitchen restaurant before heading out to groom some of the Slade House Farm donkeys.
- The experience finishes here, but once you have packed up, feel free to explore more of the site and stay for lunch at the restaurant.
*The typical itinerary is subject to change due to adverse weather conditions, animal health or welfare issues.
£150 per adult and £30 per child under 16 years old, including refreshments, supper and breakfast at The Kitchen restaurant. Under 16s must be accompanied by a responsible adult. All proceeds help fund the work of The Donkey Sanctuary worldwide.