To provide potential Guardian homes, existing owners, private homes and anybody with a general interest in donkey welfare with an overview into how to manage your donkey to avoid the most common problems and illnesses.
This course will equip the participant with knowledge and skills that are required to undertake the basic health care requirements of donkey ownership.
We include practical skills such as taking a donkey’s temperature, pulse and checking respiration rates. We show you how to treat minor wounds, including the application of a foot poultice and how to accurately condition score and record the weight of your donkey.
- Recognise the symptoms of ill health in a donkey
- Identify good donkey management to minimise health risks
- Practice taking a donkey’s respiration rate, pulse, temperature and apply a foot pad
- List routine treatments required to maintain a donkey’s health
- Describe the importance of good donkey dental care.
The day consists of theory and practical sessions.
This is an invaluable opportunity to learn about donkeys and their care.
You must have attended Stage 1 prior to attending this course.
If you wish to book on a training course, please use our online booking form.