Bring your tent and join in with an exciting action-packed, dusk to dawn, itinerary you will never forget!
Get your hands dirty and make friends with some of our donkeys while grooming, feeding and mucking them out. Enjoy a hearty evening meal and a full English breakfast once you've worked up an appetite.
The price of our Bray and Stay Experience is £75 for adults, £50 for children and under 5s for £25, which includes all food and refreshments. Under 16s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
I brayed and stayed!
Some of our happy campers at previous Bray and Stay events said:
“We were treated as VIPs at all times. Thank you for a truly wonderful stay.”
The Lay Family
“Brilliant Experience. We won’t forget it and... We’ll be back!”
Valerie and Sandra
“The staff were great fun and nothing was too much trouble. Thank you for a great time.”
Eileen and Les
“I loved Bray and Stay, and not even the downpour when we broke camp dampened my spirits. Being so hands on with the donkeys was fabulous and so relaxing and therapeutic. I loved it so much I am now thinking of becoming a volunteer at the sanctuary! ”
Funds raised are used to support our continuing work both here in the UK and overseas.
- 7 - 8 June 2014
- 11 - 12 July 2014
- 5 - 6 September 2014
- 31 July- 1 August 2014
- 8 - 9 August 2014
The Big Bray
- 19 - 21 August 2014 - Enjoy 2 nights with us!
The price of the Big Weekend is £175 adults, £125 children under 16, under 5s £50
Here is our typical camper’s Itinerary for Sidmouth:
(activities vary for Leeds and Ivybridge)
- 3.00pm - Arrive and put up your tent
- 4.00pm - A big hello and welcome talk from our staff, you will then be introduced to some of our more unusual residents
- 6.00pm - Hearty dinner at the Hayloft Restaurant
- 7.00pm - Donkey Agility - chance to lead our donkeys around our gymkhana course
- 7.30pm - A relaxing evening walk with our donkeys, stopping off to see their donkey friends along the way, before we tuck them in for the night
- 8.30pm - Hot chocolate and cookies in the events barn - see if you can win a prize in our quiz!
- 9.30pm - Tent time – you have an early start in the morning!
- 6.30am - Wake up call
- 7.00am - Tea, coffee, juice and light refreshments
- 7.30am - Feeding and mucking out time
- 9.00am - Full English breakfast at the Hayloft Restaurant
- 10.00am - Donkey time! Grooming and cuddling with some of our adorable donkeys, then say a final goodbye to the donkeys
- 11.30am - Time to take down your tent
Frequently asked questions
Do I get to go in with the donkeys?
Yes! This experience enables you to work alongside our staff helping us to care for some of the donkeys at the Sanctuary, so there is plenty of direct contact.
What sort of activities can I expect to do?
The activities vary at each centre, please request an itinerary for the centre you are interested in. All of the centres have knowledgeable staff and hands on activities and time with the donkeys.
How long does the experience last?
This experience starts at 4.00pm on the first day and finishes at approximately 11.30am the following day.
How many people will be taking part at the same time as me?
There will be a maximum of 20 people taking part in the experience, and everyone will be able to enjoy direct contact with the donkeys.
Will there be someone qualified with me?
Yes, qualified and experienced members of staff will be with you at all times to explain and supervise the activities.
Will there be shower facilities?
There will be hot and cold running water, however as your stay with us is for less than 24 hours, there will be no showers. We will hire in portashowers for our 2 day ‘Big Bray and Stay’.
What happens if the weather is bad?
The weather should not affect your enjoyment of the experience; however campers are advised to bring suitable wet weather clothing and ensure that their tent is adequately waterproof. The itinerary may be changed if conditions are unsuitable for any aspect of your visit, but your tents will be pitched in a field whatever the weather.
What should I wear?
You should wear comfortable, hard wearing clothes suitable for outdoors in sometimes mucky conditions. Bring plenty of warm clothes.
Are refreshments included?
The experience includes an evening meal, late evening and early morning refreshments and a full English breakfast.
Will I be able to take photographs?
We recommend that you bring your camera to capture some memories of your visit.
Booking and further information
For further information:
Telephone: 01395 573156