Do you fancy camping with the donkeys?
Bring your tent and join in with an exciting action-packed, dusk to dawn, itinerary you will never forget!
How much does it cost?
The price of our Bray and Stay experience is £75 for adults and £50 for children (under 5’s are free). Under 16’s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Funds raised are used to support our continuing work both here in the UK and overseas.
- Friday 17/Saturday 18 May 2013
- Saturday 8/Sunday 9 June 2013
- Wednesday 21/Thursday 22 August 2013
- Friday 6/Saturday 7 September 2013
- Friday 10/Saturday 11 May 2013
- Tuesday 30/Wednesday 31 July 2013
- Friday 24/Saturday 25 May 2013
- Friday 9/Saturday 10 August 2013
Campers are advised to call and book their pitch as early as possible, as availability is limited.
- Hearty dinner and breakfast at the Hayloft Restaurant
- Brief talk about our worldwide work
- A guided walk, including a visit to the nature centre and hermitage. Then, accompanied by some of the donkeys we will say goodnight to the donkeys in their shelters and new barn
- Hot chocolate and cookies, see if you can win a prize in our mini quiz!
- Meeting some of our more unusual residents
- Feeding and mucking out time
- Donkey time! Grooming and cuddling with some of our adorable donkeys
Want to find out more?
For an information and booking pack about our Bray and Stay experiences please call 01395 573156 or email our Events and Activities team .
Frequently asked questions
Do I get to go in with the donkeys?
Yes! This experience enables you to work alongside our staff on Saturday morning, helping us to care for some of the donkeys at the Sanctuary so there is plenty of direct contact.
What sort of activities can I expect to do?
You will have the opportunity to meet the Poitous, and some of the donkeys who live here at the Sanctuary, including Paul and Milly a pair of mules, who like to perform if they have an audience! You will groom, feed and muck out the donkeys, and there will also be a guided tour of the farm.
How long does the experience last?
This experience starts at 4.00pm and finishes at approximately 11.30am the following day.
How many people will be taking part at the same time as me?
There will be a maximum of 24 people taking part in the experience, and everyone will be able to enjoy direct contact with the donkeys.
Will there be someone qualified with me?
Yes, qualified and experienced members of staff will be with you at all times to explain and supervise the activities.
What happens if the weather is bad?
The weather should not affect your enjoyment of the experience; however campers are advised to bring suitable wet weather clothing and ensure that their tent is adequately waterproof. The itinerary may be changed if conditions are unsuitable for any aspect of your visit, but your tents will be pitched in a field whatever the weather.
What should I wear?
You should wear comfortable, hard wearing clothes suitable for outdoors in sometimes mucky conditions.
What about safety footwear?
All adult participants will be issued with safety shoes to borrow during your visit. You are responsible for the safety of your own children.
Are refreshments included?
The experience includes an evening meal, late evening and early morning refreshments and a full English breakfast.
Will I be able to take photographs?
We recommend that you bring your camera to capture some memories of your visit.