Love donkeys? Ever wanted to go behind the scenes at The Donkey Sanctuary in Sidmouth, Devon? If you do, then our Experience Days are for you.
Our unique days allow you to get hands-on with our donkeys, experience meeting and caring for them, and enjoy a mid-morning treat of tea and cake in our fantastic new restaurant, The Kitchen. There will be grooming and plenty of time for cuddles, a chance to feed and exercise the donkeys, the glamorous but most important task of mucking out their stables and an in depth guided tour of the farm. It’s the opportunity of a lifetime to experience working closely with our friendly donkeys and learn all about them from our knowledgeable staff.
Our All Things Donkey Experience is a fully immersive group experience with a full itinerary of interesting and hands-on donkey-related activities that costs £100 per person, including a pot of tea and delicious cake from our restaurant.
The Experience Day runs from 9am - 1pm, leaving plenty of time afterwards to explore the rest of the sanctuary or have lunch at our on-site restaurant.
Participants are advised to call and book their session as early as possible, as availability is limited.
Experience Days are also available on the following 2018 dates:
- 11 July 2018
- 18 July 2018
- 22 August 2018
- 29 August 2018
- 12 September 2018
- 19 September 2018
The perfect gift
These exclusive days make ideal birthday or Christmas presents. We have a special gift voucher available, which can be sent directly to the recipient with a personalised message, by request.
Did we tell you about our two hour VIP Experiences?
If a group experience isn't your thing, we can offer a two hour one-to-one, up close and personal session with the donkeys for the cost of £80. The session includes a range of fantastic activities like donkey grooming, donkey care and also a special ‘meet and greet’ with our gentle giants, the Poitous. There will of course be plenty of time for photos too.
Booking is essential and spaces are limited.
For further information and to book, please call 01395 573156 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully:
- Spaces are limited and are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- We will need 14 days notice for all VIP Experience bookings and not all dates during the year are available due to other experiences and events taking place.
- Attendees aged under 16 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Attendees should be reasonably fit to participate in all of the activities.
- The Donkey Sanctuary will endeavour to adapt activities to accommodate participants' needs, to provide an enjoyable experience for all.
- We will endeavour to book you on your choice of Experience Day. Where this is not possible we will contact you to arrange another mutually convenient date.
- We will notify you within 28 days of receiving your booking form which date (if any) we have booked for your Experience Day.
- The typical itinerary may change at short notice due to adverse weather conditions, animal health or welfare issues.
- Smoking is only permitted in designated areas.
- Experience Days are not advisable for women who are pregnant.
- An accommodation list showing places to stay close to The Donkey Sanctuary is available on request.
- Your safety and that of our donkeys and staff are of paramount importance to us. All Experience Days begin with a Health and Safety Induction. Please give this your full attention and follow the guidance given.
- We regret there are no refunds, unless cancelled at least one month before the confirmed Experience Day. We will issue a written confirmation to acknowledge receipt of your cancellation instructions.
- In the unlikely event that we need to cancel an Experience Day we will contact you to schedule an alternative date or, if you prefer, issue a full refund. The refund will cover the booking fee for the Experience Day only; it will not extend to incidental expenses incurred such as travel or accommodation costs.