Love gardening? Love wildlife?
We are creating a Butterfly Garden at the heart of Slade Farm and will be digging, mulching and planting every Thursday between 10am and 3pm from 6 October until 15 December 2016.
We’d love your help!
Here at The Donkey Sanctuary, donkeys come first, second and third. But we also care about the wildlife on our farms and work to ensure we manage our land responsibly, taking into account the needs of even the smallest of our residents. Our Butterfly Garden will offer a long flowering season to provide pollen and nectar to butterflies, bees and other insects.
If you like the idea of working alongside our gardeners to create a garden that can be enjoyed by wildlife and visitors, then please consider coming along. No booking required, just meet Ruth at the Visitor Centre at 10am and spend as long as you like helping us with this exciting project.
- Wear sturdy footwear and outdoor clothing to suit the weather conditions.
- Gloves and tools will be provided, however feel free to bring your own if you wish.
- Bring a bottled drink for while you work. Hot drinks will be provided.
- Bring a packed lunch or visit the Hayloft restaurant for a range of tasty meals and snacks.
- No experience necessary – just plenty of enthusiasm!
For more information, please contact Ruth by phone or email:
Telephone: 01395 573162