Join us for an evening stroll around the Sanctuary and use a bat detector to listen for bats as they fly and hunt for insects. Many species of bat use our woods, hedges and fields, and you’ll find out about these fascinating animals and how to identify their calls.
- Wear sturdy footwear and outdoor clothing to suit the weather conditions.
- Bring a torch/head torch but if you can’t please let us know so that we can provide you with one.
- Bat detectors will be provided, however, if you have your own then please bring it with you.
- Hot drinks will be provided after the walk.
- This event is considered to be suitable for adults and children over 8 years old. Children under 16 years old need to be accompanied by an adult.
- This event is weather permitting – we will have to postpone if it is very cold or raining and will try to give you as much notice as possible.
- Dogs are welcome so long as they are kept on a lead.
We will also be running bat walks on:
- Friday 12 August at 8.30pm (fully booked)
- Friday 9 September at 7.30pm (places available)
These are free events, however, booking is essential.
How to book
For further information and to book a place, please contact Ruth by phone or email:
Telephone: 01395 573162